Can your stone veneers be used outside?
- Yes, our stone veneer products and accessories can be used for interior, exterior, or landscape uses.
How thick are your stone veneers and what do they weigh?
- Our stone veneers are from 1/2" to 2" in thickness and weigh from 7 to 12 lbs. per square foot. No brick ledge or added supports are needed for installation.
What are the benefits of using manufactured stone veneer over natural stone?
- A project using manufactured stone vs. natural stone will be approximately 30-50% less expensive to complete. Because of the lightweight properties associated with manufactured stone, no wall ties or footings are required to be constructed.
Will I need to seal your stone veneer if I install it outside to keep it from fading?
- Our base colors are blended throughout the cement mixture during manufacturing and face colors are absorbed into the cement during curing to become an integral part of the stone. Similar to natural stone, minimal color differences are noted after many years of weathering with manufactured stone products. Some may seal manufactured stone products to ehance color or to obtain a "wet look", but sealing is not required unless the installation is near an area of frequent water run off. Our stone veneers are not recommened for use near or under water.
How do I clean my stone veneer?
- We recommend using a mild detergent and a soft bristled brush. Never use any type of acid cleaners, wire brushes, or pressure washers as you may expose the aggregates and ruin your stone. Prior to cleaning test on an inconspicuous area.
Where can I find knowledgable masons to install my stone veneer?
- Laurel Mountain Stone Works has a wide network of professional stone masons on call to assist you in installation of your new stone veneer, please call us at 724-398-3054 and we can put you in touch with a number of construction experts.